High Performance Matting Systems (HPMS) are all the rage. A high performance matting system for commercial outdoor entry mats should follow “the rule of 15s”. The rule of 15s state that any HPMS should consist of the following:
1. A 5’ scrapper runner outside the facility,
2. A 5’ scraper/wiper in the entrance way and
3. A final 5’wiper mat to trap any excess detritus material and liquid that may have escaped the first two mats.
You may ask, “Why is this so important?” Well, if you were my child asking this question you would be told, “Don’t speak with your mouth full and finish your pancit.”
Of course, you aren’t my child, so I may as well answer.
People who use commercial mats should have a high performance matting system in a facility that has foot traffic of 50 people entering and exiting the building twice a day (four times a day if they eat lunch outside the facility.) will prevent an average of 23 pounds of soil and other debris from entering that facility over a 1 year period. It costs on average $500.00 PER POUND to remove this gunk in chemical cleaners and labor.
I just saved you $11,500.00 per year. You may thank me if you wish.
Here are more side benefits of the High Performance system.
1. If you are required to fulfill a “green initiative” or your company has a “green mandate”, you can proudly show the HPMS as a huge factor in the reduction of the use of harsh, non-environmentally friendly cleaning chemicals.
2. SLIP AND FALL accidents cost money . . . lots and lots of money in potential lawsuits and lost labor. With a HPMS these typical “I slipped on the goo that Troy from accounting tracked in from the parking lot”, are preventable. 100% PREVENTABLE!
3. HPMS outdoor entry mats are more durable and generally have longer warranty coverage than your typical average entry mats or rental mat service.
4. Health considerations. Let’s face it, it is a gross, messy world out there and people will put their feet on just about anything including where you sit, let alone where you eat. Just the thought of where your nasty shoes have been is making me want to spray myself with Lysol and cower in the safe room.
There now, I have saved you enough money to buy a small car, helped you move forward in fulfilling your federal obligation of going “green” so you don’t go to prison , saved you from dozens of frivolous lawsuits and prevented you from contracting the plague.
Now, sit down and finish your pancit, then order these mats already.